We register Private and Corporate operated business jets over 5,700 kgs maximum weight and twin turbine helicopters (no commercial flying permitted).
The aircraft has to be registered to a person or company from any of the countries of the British Commonwealth, the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or for aircraft awaiting a commercial lease, Hong Kong, Japan, USA and China are additionally acceptable.
Full details are available below:
(1) Only the following persons are qualified to hold a legal or beneficial interest by way of ownership in an aircraft registered in the Isle of Man or in a share in such an aircraft—
(a) the Crown in right of the Isle of Man, the United Kingdom or any part of the United Kingdom;
(b) Commonwealth citizens;
(c) Nationals of any EEA State or Switzerland;
(d) British protected persons;
(e) bodies incorporated in some part of the Commonwealth or having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business in a part of the Commonwealth (see note below); or
(f) undertakings formed in accordance with the law of the Isle of Man, an EEA State or Switzerland and having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the Isle of Man, an EEA State or Switzerland (see note below).
(2) If an unqualified person resides or has a place of business in the Isle of Man and holds a legal or beneficial interest by way of ownership in an aircraft or in a share in an aircraft, the Department may register the aircraft in the Isle of Man if it is satisfied that the aircraft may otherwise be properly registered.
(3) If an aircraft is chartered by demise to a person qualified under paragraph (1) the Department may, whether or not an unqualified person is entitled as owner to a legal or beneficial interest in the aircraft, register the aircraft in the Isle of Man in the name of the charterer by demise if it is satisfied that the aircraft may otherwise be properly so registered.
(4) Subject to this Part, an aircraft registered under paragraph (3) may remain registered during the continuation of the charter.
For aircraft awaiting commercial lease only, in addition to the above, also:
- Bodies incorporated in or having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business in Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region); Japan; People’s Republic of China; United States of America.
- Undertakings formed in accordance with the law of and having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region); Japan; People’s Republic of China; United States of America.
The “Commonwealth” as defined in the Air Navigation (Isle of Man) Order 2015.
|Antigua and Barbuda||Grenada||Seychelles|
|Bangladesh||Isle of Man||Solomon Islands|
|Belize||Kenya||Sovereign Base areas on Cyprus|
|Bermuda||Kiribati||South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands|
|British Indian Ocean Territory||Malawi||St Helena & its dependencies (Ascension Island & Tristan da Cunha)|
|British Antarctic Territory||Malaysia||St Kitts and Nevis|
|British Virgin Islands||Maldives||St Lucia|
|Brunei||Malta||St Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Cayman Islands||Mozambique||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Channel Islands||Namibia||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Falkland Islands||Pakistan||United Republic of Tanzania|
|Fiji Islands||Pitcairn Islands||Vanuatu|
|Gibraltar||Papua New Guinea||Zambia|
OTHER QUALIFYING COUNTRIES
|Hong Kong, Japan, USA and China but only for aircraft awaiting commercial leases (parked airliners) in accordance with Exemption 2021/055|