M- Registered aircraft must be equipped with the mandatory equipment required by our legislation. This will be dependent upon the aircraft type and operational locations.
The definitive list of equipment is contained in our legislation Air Navigation (Isle of Man) Order 2015, as amended (ANO), specifically Schedule 3 - Aircraft Equipment and Schedule 4 - Radio Communication and Radio Navigation Equipment.
To assist our operators, the Registry has produced the following documents to identify the mandatory equipment requirements within the ANO and determine what equipment must be carried for the operation of their aircraft:
All emergency equipment must be indicated by clear markings in or on the aircraft as per Article 33(2) of the ANO.
Where the markings are not required by an approved source data, e.g. AFM, Modifications, TCDS, STCs etc, operators can meet the legal requirement by use of briefing cards provided to all passengers prior to flight which identify the location of the emergency equipment .
As guidance to aircraft operators, the Isle of Man Aircraft Registry has listed below some typical first aid items that they may wish to consider, although operators may choose to vary from this to meet their own requirements and the circumstances of their flight operations: -
- Antiseptic swabs (10/pack)
- Bandage: adhesive strips
- Bandage: gauze 7.5 cm × 4.5 m
- Bandage: triangular; safety pins
- Dressing: burn 10 cm × 10 cm
- Dressing: compress, sterile 7.5 cm × 12 cm
- Dressing: gauze, sterile 10.4 cm × 10.4 cm
- Tape: adhesive 2.5 cm (roll)
- Steri-strips (or equivalent adhesive strip)
- Hand cleanser or cleansing towelettes
- Pad with shield, or tape, for eye
- Scissors: 10 cm (if allowed by national regulations)
- Tape: Adhesive, surgical 1.2 cm × 4.6 m
- Tweezers: splinter
- Disposable gloves (multiple pairs)
- Thermometers (non-mercury)
- Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation mask with one-way valve
- First-aid manual, current edition
- Incident record form
The following suggested medications can be included in the first aid kits:
- Mild to moderate analgesic
- Nasal decongestant