The Isle of Man Aircraft Registry are very pleased to announce that from the 8th September 2020 we will be offering a new type of validation which is called the General Flight Crew Licence Validation (GFCL). This type of validation is available to any flight crew that holds a licence issued by an ICAO compliant state.
The GFCL validation will not be restricted to an aircraft operator, class/type rating or registration mark and will have a 3 year validity.
This new type of validation aims to:
- Support industry in a time of crew shortages;
- Enable flight crew to use their validation for multiple operators without any change to the certificate;
- Increase the number of available flight crew for operators of M registered aircraft;
- Reduce the need for new validation applications when last minute crew changes are made.
If you wish to apply for the new validation, it will not affect the validity of any existing validations you may hold.
How do I apply?
Please have the following documentation ready to attach:
- Signed copy of licence;
- Signed copy of medical;
- Signed copy of the FCC Radiotelephone Operator Permit (for a FAA application);
Our processing time for validations is up to a maximum of 2 working days but is often quicker, depending on the completeness of the submitted application and supporting documentation.
You can find the current fees for this type of validation on our website.
Please contact our team at the Registry for more information:
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0) 1624 682358