The Isle of Man offers a specialist service to assist commercial airliner owners whilst the aircraft is between commercial lease agreements.
The aircraft would typically come to our register at the point of the lease return; the aircraft will undergo the same process as our executive aircraft for the issue of a Certificate of Airworthiness.
When airliners are not being operated commercially by an airline they are ‘private aircraft’ and can take advantage of the Isle of Man Aircraft Registry’s quick, efficient and cost-effective service.
One example is an Airbus we registered in Singapore, which positioned to the Isle of Man for importation into Europe, the aircraft was then repainted in the UK and positioned to Greece where it was deregistered prior to entering service. This whole process took just six days.
Benefits to Banks and Leasing Companies
- Quick and efficient global registration service providing minimum down-time between leases, or a safe international register for parked aircraft;
- Competitive scheme of charges;
- No minimum time on the aircraft register;
- Any EASA Part 145 maintenance organisation with the appropriate approvals can conduct work on Isle of Man registered aircraft;
- Type-rated ICAO flight crew licences can be validated for flightcrew of Isle of Man registered aircraft;
- Aircraft can be approved for RVSM, MNPS and RNAV at the time of registration. Operation Manuals are included with the approvals;
- Airline experienced Isle of Man authorised Surveyors are based in the USA, Switzerland, Ireland, UK and the Isle of Man, saving time and travel costs;
- Accounts are opened for Banks and Leasing Companies when registration applications are received and charges are invoiced on completion of the registration process;
- The Isle of Man is part of the European VAT and Customs regime and is a quick and efficient place to import aircraft into Europe if necessary.
For more information please contact the Aircraft Registry to discuss further.